How It Works
What type of containers do I need to refill?
If it holds liquid, we will fill it. We simply ask that your reusable container is clean, dry, empty and uncracked. We also require it to have a functional closure. We always recommend using a container that you already have, but we do have refillable bottles, jars and jugs available.
How do I refill at the shop or a pop-up?
Bring your reusable container and let a staff member know which product you’d like and we take care of the rest. Your empty container is weighed, filled and then weighed again. You’ll only pay for the weight of the product itself and none of the packaging.
How do I order refills online for curbside pick-up or local delivery?
Shop our refillable section online to order refills for both curbside pick-up and local delivery. Refills are priced by weight, so choose how much you'd like to order and add to your cart. For example, if you'd like 250 grams, order 2 x 100 grams and 1 x 50 grams.
How much should I order online for curbside pick-up or local delivery?
If you would your container fully filled, we recommend matching weight to volume unless we have indicated otherwise on the product page. For example, if you have a 1 litre container, order 1 kilogram or if you have a 500 millilitre container, order 500 grams (5 x 100 grams).
How do you know what I'd like in which container for curbside pick-up or local delivery?
If you are providing your own reusable containers, we ask that you label them with the product name you ordered. If you purchase any bottles, jars and jugs to be filled, please ensure you add a note at check out letting us know which products you'd like in which containers.
What if there is a discrepancy in the amount ordered online for curbside pick-up or local delivery?
We have taken a big step by launching our first e-commerce website and could not be more grateful that you've come along for the ride. That being said, refilling isn’t an exact science. We sell by weight, but containers are defined by their volume. Conventional commerce and technological tools have been slow to empower refilleries to make this process as convenient as it can be, so we appreciate your patience.
We acknowledge that there will be work for you to determine how much product you should order, which could potentially lead to some discrepancy for curbside pick-up and local delivery. First and foremost, we will treat you as we treated our very first customer - with honesty and transparency. Second, we will never stop refining our process to make it more convenient for you and sustainable for the planet.
Below are some important notes about our online ordering process for refillables:
- Weights of purchased refillables may vary slightly from the amount ordered. We aim to get the exact weight, but in some cases it may be slightly over or under the amount ordered.
- Slight discrepancies in dispensing refills have been taken into account when creating our pricing.
- If you ordered too much product and it won’t fit in the container you gave us, we will do our best to place the extra product in a sanitized, upcycled container at no extra charge. Feel free to return the container to us at your next order.
- If that is not possible, we will refund the difference if the discrepancy is more than 50 grams per product with a total order value of $3.00 or more.
- If you’re hoping for a full refill, we suggest matching volume to weight, unless we specify otherwise on the product page. You can also leave an extra container on your porch for local delivery or bring an extra container with you for curbside pick-up.
Still have questions?
We recognize this is a new process with some nuances and are more than happy to connect with you when placing your order. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-638-7275 and we’ll do our very best to help!